Friday, April 11, 2008

What would you say if I told you that I knew how to spend your money better than you and I have decided to take 1/4 of your paycheck this month and spend it for you? You might not be so objectional if I told you that I would spend it on the roads that you drive on every day. But what if I said I was going to give it to a defense contractor to invade a foreign country because your land is running dry of a certain resource? Would you still agree? How about if I said I was going to use it to hire a few people to make rules for what you can and can't do with your life. What if those people ended up telling you that you were not allowed to drive your car because it is dangerous? Guns are dangerous and so are cars so shouldn't you be prevented from owning, creating, or using either? Think about it, how far will it have to go to see some real outrage from EVERYONE? Today we see the state is blocking voluntary transactions between concenting adults who are trying to fly on planes they know are unsafe. The people already know airlines are not good at maintenence, and they still demand the flight. BUT noooooo, your big brother cant let you make your own decisions...you might make the wrong one and end up with a consequence for your action. And even if something happens, don't you see it is in the best interest of the airline to maintain their flights, planes, and personnel to ensure that their business is profitable. Well if government was not there to make sure that airlines cannot fail this would be true. This all leads back to getting the state out of the market and letting the will of the people define standards and transaction regulations.

No comments: